Do NOT go to the ER hungry

Have you ever had a week that just seemed like it would never end, like you just keep getting dealt the 💩 card?? That’s my week , and although it’s been a tough one I’ve managed to mostly keep my cool and not let it rain on our parade.

It pretty much started last Saturday and has kept rolling. We took a ride to do some errands and we were on a well traveled main road in mild traffic ,maybe going 8-10 miles an hour , the person in front of me abruptly stopped, so I had to do the same …. there was just enough space between us that I only tapped his vehicle but the truck behind me hit us. Most importantly all drivers and passengers were unharmed ( I had 4 kids with me) but it’s a pain , we had to wait for the police blah blah and I’ve been on and off phone calls with insurance companies all week ( waiting for an adjuster to come appraise the damage). So that our Saturday afternoon , the evening didn’t prove to be much better either. My husband was at his sisters for the night helping her with some home repairs, Atlas spiked a fever and all I wanted to do was snuggle in my bed and watch movies. Not so much apparently our bedroom TV set is dead. Meanwhile I talk to my husband and he accidentally smashed his phone..

Sunday we ended up at sick care and Atlas was diagnosed as having an ear infection. Then last night Sage thought she could fly and get her balloon that had drifted up high in her room and stacked a bucket on a stool, landed on her chin. So we made our first ever trip to the Emergency room to get her gash checked out. We waited over 3 hours in the waiting room , when we were finally seen they did do 3 stitches. Sage was a brave warrior the entire time at the hospital she didn’t shed a single tear. She let the nurse clean her wound and apply the numbing agent. Then we waited while the numbing agent took effect. The doctor gave her a little bit of versed to calm her, then worked his magic. Watching him weave away with the stitching thread was pretty neat. I’m even proud of myself I was nervous and scared for my baby girl but I kept it together, she was such a trooper!! I got lots of lovin’ and cuddles last night. The worst part about the ER is the waiting we ended up being there about 5.5 hours total, then came home to a driveway chuck full of snow. So at midnight Steve and I spent about half an hour or so shoveling snow like mad people. In the end by the time we cleared the snow got everyone in bed it was about 1:30 this morning.

But the most important lesson …. DO NOT go to the hospital hungry … eating Wendy’s at midnight is not as fun as it sounds.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s